Thursday 21 March 2013

Evaluation question 6-What I've learnt about the technologies used?

Please ignore the last 40 or so seconds of this video as I thought I had turned IShowU off .One of the technologies I am not so good with haha !

I have learnt to use many new technologies during my time in media.There are some that I have already used but in a different way.Facebook is a technology that I have used before but just for social networking rather that helping me with feedback.


One of the main programmes we have used is Blogger.
Our Blogs have proved to be a diary of our work.Using Blogger has enabled us to show videos , photos , links and more.Before starting media I had never heard of Blogger  so my knowledge has come a long way and I now feel confident using it.

Then there is Prezi

Prezi is a website where you can create a presentation showing the links between different topic areas and photos.I have used Prezi to show my thought paths through making my media magazine.Although at first Prezi seemed to be quite complicated it proved to be easy produce a nice show for work and make information easy to look at.

Flicker
Flicker is a photo sharing website .For the purposes of media I have used it to show off my finished magazine in photos and use the descriptions to describe the distribution(you can find this in question 3)

Slideshare

 
Slideshare has been used to present our Powerpoint made presentations.It works by uploading our powerpoints onto the site .It then puts them onto our accounts on the internet and from there we can use an embed code to connect them to our Blogs where they will be viewed along side our other work.

Powerpoint

Powerpoint along side Microsoft word has been used as a way of displaying information.PowerPoint has been used to display information on slides.I did use Word occasionally if I needed to jot anything down and It was the software I used to write my magazine article before then moving on to  Photoshop to finish editing and any adjustments.

Photoshop is the main program I used to create all of my music magazine.
Photoshop has allowed me to edit photos , create shapes and add texts.With the use of layers I have been able to add different elements to try them , if they prove to be unsuccessful then they can be removed just as easily.Another advantage of using Photoshop is that my work could be saved as a Photoshop file meaning it wouldn't be flattened and could be worked on again and again.Using Photoshop also gave me the option to photo edit , such as using the spot remover tool.

Indesign


Indesign was used during the making of my college magazine.Its a good software to use because of its layout meaning that columns are easy to create and use.Although I could have used Indesign for my double page spread I found Photoshop easier to use so I decided to use that.

Iphoto is the software on Apple Mac computers that allows you to import photos from a camera.

Iphoto is a simple software that automatically pops up when a camera or device is connected to the Apple Mac computers.From there you can select which photos you want to import and then they are ready to use.

The final pieces of equipment I have used are the SLR cameras themselves.They are the best type of camera for the job as they have a good resolution and can produce crystal clear images as well as having a good flash to light up images.The SLR camera also allows you to focus the camera yourself as well as it doing it automatically but it's your choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment